Saturday, April 26, 2008

Thanks Michelle for the fun baby shower!

Michelle and I with the lovely table before it was devoured.
Michelle preparing for the party, me trying to help but really just trying to get a snack, and Maria our good friend who was the first to arrive.
All the ladies had to cut yarn in the length they thought would be the same size as my belly and then they all got to test their measurement. The closest one got a prize. This is our neighbor, who already loves Isabelle and always talks about how she can't wait for her to arrive. 
The ladies trying to decide who got the closest. Daniella, the one with her arm up won the game. But a little secret -- after the part Gabe take a try and he was perfect. He knew from always putting his arms around my big belly. 
Opening gifts.
Eleven women came to the party. (One left early and is not pictured.) It was super fun, b/c most of them had never been to a baby shower before and really enjoyed the American tradition. In Bulgaria it is customary to buy a gift for the baby after he or she is born, and many believe it is bad luck to buy something before. But most of these women are believers and recognized that this is superstition. 
Michelle, Donna and I after the food had been devoured. The mix of Bulgarian and American style snacks was a big success. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I wish I could have been there. I'm so glad that the girls were able to shower you and Isabelle with some love. :-)

Love you!